5 Things to Do if You Are Injured in an Automobile Accident on a Street or Highway in Nebraska
- Call police and given them your location, and the nature of your injuries. Then, follow their directions if any are given.
- Do not move without help, unless staying in your vehicle would be dangerous. Wait for medical personnel to arrive and assist you.
- If no one else is available, call 911 for an ambulance or emergency response team.
- If you are able, take photographs of the accident scene, including all vehicles, the road or intersection, and any traffic control devices if applicable.
- Listen to all statements made by the other party to the accident. They may admit that the accident was their fault, or apologize to you for that reason.