5 Things to Do when a Loved One Passes Away
- Locate any Will and/or Trust, and other important papers your loved one may have left behind.
- Secure the home, and belongings of your loved one, to prevent theft.
- Contact the banks, investment firms and insurance companies used by your loved one.
- Seek the advice of a qualified attorney, and provide him or her with the original Will and/or Trust.
- Contact the Social Security Administration, and let them know of your loved one’s death (they will need his or her social security number).